Fitness clubs in the West of Brussels
FIT FOR FREE - Anderlecht
By subscribing to this fitness club, you will have access to a number of benefits :
- free joining fee
- free personal programme
- free sport bag worth 50€ (bag, skipping rope, towel, sweat band)
Open Mon-Fri : 7h-23h and Sat-Sun : 9h-16h
Birmingham straat, 12 - 1070 Anderlecht
Tel : 02 / 588 72 49
JIMS FITNESS - Jette
FIRE GYM - Jette
GYM FIT - Anderlecht
- collectives classes
- free showers & free drinks
Tel : 02 / 522 38 98
STADIUM KINETIX CLUB - Molenbeek
Tel : 02 / 414 40 41
VERSO GYM - Berchem-Sainte-Agathe
Subscribe to this fitness club located in the west of Brussels.
Numerous collective lessons : krav maga, muay thay, etc.
Tel : 02 / 308 40 62
ESPACE WELLNESS GYM - LADIES ONLY
Tel : 02 / 466 78 86
Tips to work out safely
You already know it but having a physical activity is always a good decision to make. It improves your overall tonicity, helps you gain muscles, increases your breathing capacity, allow you to release tensions and work on your self-confidence. Starting a physical activity on your own might be complicated, especially if you have never work out before. Before taking this decision, you should different elements into consideration.
- First of all, if you have special conditions (obesity, cardiovascular disease and so on), consult a physician or a kinesitherapist who will allow you to do cardio or perform certain exercises.
- Begin slowly : you do not have to participate in the 45-minutes HIIT lesson or lift heavy weight if you feel you do not yet have the ability. You do not even have to work out three or four times a week if this is too much. This is the best way to be discouraged after a few sessions and give up your programme, but also to experience muscle cramps and even make your joints suffer.
- Speaking of the programme, do not hesitate to contact a personal trainer in the fitness centre you have chosen. They will help you find the exercises that suit you and adapt them progressively. They can follow you during your sessions so that they make sure you accomplish the movements in the best way possible. This is of particular importance in order to protect your back, knees, etc.
- Be kind to yourself. Love and listen to your body. Appreciate every progress when it comes. It may take more time to reach those goals and it is not a problem. Each metabolism is different and evolve at its own speed. Indeed do not push yourself too hard.
Information published on the page Brussels Expats / Sports clubs.